Boards are heterogeneous, and companies are homogenous.
The heterogeneous nature of Boards presents a substantial challenge when it comes to connection, communication, and collaboration. In most cases, board members carry some credibility and clout, which means there’s often extra consideration and hesitation when requesting their time and energy. A typical board meeting workflow looks like this.
A Traditional Board Meeting Flow
- The CEO or a director will create the board meeting agenda and save it as a pdf or doc.
- An email is sent to the entire board with the meeting agenda attached along with any other attachments.
- One or more board members typically will reply-all with a question(s).
- Once the meeting starts, either in person or online, the members engage in discussions typically notated by a dedicated secretary or board member.
- The meeting ends, and the minutes along with any action items, are emailed to the group.
- Before the next board meeting, several email exchanges occur, and the members lose track of what’s going on. Very little progress is made because they’re frustrated by the amount of information in the email threads on top of being too busy tending to other obligations.
In contrast, a homogenous environment catering to a team rather than a group of individuals sees a much more cohesive communications experience because the comms are in one place.
Optimizing Board Communications
Enrolling board members into a knowledge management platform like bundleIQ will enhance productivity and help you get the most out of your meetings. bundleIQ improves the workflow in three simple ways.
- It keeps everyone on the same page
- It guarantees you won’t lose files or use old versions
- It builds upon the ideas and discussions happening before, during, and after the meeting
Employing bundleIQ assures that you have a clear and obvious communication stream where ideas, thoughts, and strategies flow seamlessly in one space.
No more reply-all threads; no more organizing attachments; no more losing notes; no more headaches.
A bundleIQ Board Meeting Flow
- A company director creates the board meeting agenda in bundleIQ and publishes it to the Board of Trustees Bundle.
- Once the agenda is published to the Bundle, the board members will get a notification (on their iPhone). For good measure, email the meeting agenda link to the members, i.e., “Click here to view the Meeting Agenda” (link to the note in bundleIQ).
- If members have questions, they can start a discussion on the Agenda note by clicking the Discuss icon.
- Once the meeting begins, the members will engage in conversations using the Discuss functionality.
- After the session ends, a new note is created using the discussion’s comments and published to the Board of Trustees Bundle.
- Before the next board meeting, discussions occur, and new notes are added to the shared “Board” Bundle.
If you appreciate this article and want to show us some love, please give us some claps and join the community by clicking one of the links below.
Download bundleIQ on the App Store
Click here to sign up for the beta on Product Hunt.
Support bundleIQ on Patreon
Create a free account